Team Liquid defeated Movistar Riders 2:1 in the group stage of ESL Pro League Season 16. With this victory, the North American team got the first three points in the championship, while Movistar Riders dropped to the bottom of Group D.
The final match of the gaming day started on the Mirage map, which became the choice of the North American team. But if the first half was dominated by the Spaniards, then after the switchover, Team Liquid managed to return to the game to make a comeback and take the lead in the series — 16:13.
Then the teams moved to the Inferno map, which became the choice of Movistar Riders. Here the North American team continued to play at their best. However, in the very end, the Spanish team managed to unexpectedly turn the game around in order to equalize the score in the series and take the meeting to the desider — 16:14.
Everything was decided on the Vertigo map, the first half of which ended with a minimal advantage in favor of Movistar Riders. However, after the side switch, Team Liquid players managed to seize the initiative in order to eventually get the first victory in the championship — 16:13.
In the next round, the North American team will face Evil Geniuses, while Movistar Riders will play FURIA.
ESL Pro League Season 16 runs from August 31st to October 2nd in Malta at the Salini Resort. 24 teams from Europe, CIS, North and South America compete for a total prize pool of $835,000. The winner of the tournament will receive the main prize of $175,000, as well as tickets to BLAST Premier: World Final 2022 and IEM Katowice 2023.
Intermediate results of ESL Pro League Season 16
- 1st place: $175,000 + 2,800 BLAST Premier points + ticket to BLAST Premier: World Final 2022 + ticket to IEM Katowice 2023
- 2nd place: $70,000 + 1,400 BLAST Premier points
- 3rd-4th place: $35,000 + 875 BLAST Premier points
- 5th-8th place: $17,500 + 262.5 BLAST Premier points
- 9th-12th place: $12,000
- 13th-16th place: Team Spirit, Astralis and BIG — $19,000
- 17th-20th place: Ninjas in Pajamas — $17,500
- 17th-20th place: MIBR and ENCE - $12,500
- 21st-24th place: Endpoint and HEET — $11,000
- 21st-24th place: FTW - $6,000