The VALORANT Champions 2022 Grand Finals broke all the most watched records in the history of the VALORANT discipline. At its peak, over 1,500,000 people watched the duel between LOUD and OpTic Gaming.
In total, the VALORANT Champions 2022 Grand Final drew 1,505,804 viewers. The championship was won by the LOUD team, which turned out to be stronger than OpTic Gaming in the grand final with a score of 3:1.
Recall that up to this point, the most popular event in the history of the discipline was VALORANT Champions 2021, which at its peak gathered 1,089,068 people.
If we compare the results of VALORANT Champions 2022 with the peak values in the CS:GO discipline, then VALORANT is second only to PGL Major Stockholm 2021 and PGL Major Antwerp 2022 - 2.7 million and 2 million viewers at the peak, respectively.
VALORANT Champions 2022 took place from August 31 to September 18 in Istanbul at the Volkswagen Arena. As part of the championship, sixteen teams from Europe, North and South America, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, China and Southeast Asia competed for a total prize pool of $1,000,000.
VALORANT Champions 2022 Results
- 1st place: LOUD - $300,000
- 2nd place: OpTic Gaming — $150,000
- 3rd place: DRX — $110,000
- 4th place: FunPlus Phoenix - $80,000
- 5th-6th place: Fnatic and XSET — $60,000
- 7th-8th place: Leviatán and Team Liquid — $40,000
- 9th-12th place: Paper Rex, KRÜ Esports, 100 Thieves ZETA DIVISION — $25,000
- 13th-16th place: BOOM Esports, XERXIA, FURIA Esports and EDward Gaming — $15,000