Valve announced new dates for majors three days after the announcement, and also opened the acceptance of applications for organizing leagues and the events themselves and put forward requirements for these organizers.
The first major:
- Wildcard: December 11-12
- Group Stage: December 13-14
- Playoffs: December 16-20
- Wildcard: March 12-13
- Group stage: March 14-15
- Playoffs: March 17-21
- Wildcard: June 25-26
- Group stage: June 27-28
- Playoffs: June 30 - July 4
Requirements for organizers of majors and leagues:
- Providing half the prize pool of $ 250,000 for majors and $ 140,000 for minors. The rest is paid by Valve.
- At least three tournament days are played on stage during a major.
- Broadcasting in five languages - English, Russian, Chinese, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Match recordings must be uploaded to the official YouTube channel within two hours after the end of the game day.
- Applications should include as detailed a description of the details as possible. (number of sponsors, venues, technologies, list of casters, etc.)
- In divisions, the organizers must ensure that the top division is fully covered by the analytics and translation studio in at least Russian, English and Chinese