VALORANT Champions Tour 2022: Philippines Stage 1 Challengers has ended. The tournament, which ran online from February 10 to 27, saw the top eight teams from the Philippines battle it out for a $30,000 prize pool, as well as three spots to VCT 2022: APAC Stage 1 Challengers. The winner of the championship was the team South Built Esports, which in the grand final was stronger than NAOS Esports with a score of 3:1 (Breeze - 11:13; Haven - 13:11; Ascent - 13:8; Icebox - 13:8).
The tournament for the future winner began with a difficult group stage, during which South Built Esports won two victories and also lost four meetings. However, the team managed to take the third place in group B, thanks to which they reached the playoffs of the championship. Here, South Built Esports sensationally outplayed Team Secret (2:1), but lost to NAOS Esports (0:2) in the semifinals, thus falling into the lower bracket.
However, this did not break the team, which further defeated Zeal Esports (2:0), Oasis Gaming (2:0) and Action PH (2:1), making it to the grand final. Here, South Built Esports managed to turn the tide of the match, winning three maps in a row after losing to Breeze. Thus, the team outplayed NAOS Esports, deservedly becoming the best in its region.
Results of VALORANT Champions Tour 2022: Philippines Stage 1 Challengers
- 1st place: South Built Esports - $15,000 + seat at VCT 2022: APAC Stage 1 Challengers.
- 2nd place: NAOS Esports - $7,500 + seat at VCT 2022: APAC Stage 1 Challengers.
- 3rd place: Action PH - $3,000 + seat at VCT 2022: APAC Stage 1 Challengers.
- 4th place: Oasis Gaming — $3,000.
- 5th-6th place: Zeal Esports and Team Secret.
- 7th-8th place: Looking For Org and Bren Esports.