eUnited Grunt Classic has ended. As part of the championship, which was held online from September 16 to 18, sixteen teams from Europe and North America competed for a prize pool of $25,000. The winner of the tournament was the OpTic Gaming team, which in the grand final outplayed the Sentinels with a score of 4:3 (Live Fire - 2:4; Aquarius - 48:50; Recharge - 250:75; Catalyst - 2:3; Streets - 50:35 ; Recharge - 2:0; Live Fire - 50:40).
Hardly anyone doubted that OpTic Gaming would finish the next championship undefeated. So this time, the North American team dominated throughout all the competitions, defeating Shopify Rebellion (3:1), Fnatic (3:0), Native Gaming Red (3:1) and Sentinels (4:1) along the way.
In the grand final of the tournament, the Lunchbox wards again outplayed the Sentinels (4:3), thanks to which they became the winners of the eUnited Grunt Classic and earned a prize of $10,000.
Now OpTic Gaming will begin preparations for Halo Championship Series 2022: Orlando, where, on a whim, it will be the main contender for the title.
Results of eUnited Grunt Classic
- 1st place: OpTic Gaming — $10,000
- 2nd place: Sentinels - $6,000
- 3rd place: FaZe Clan — $4,000
- 4th place: Cloud9 — $2,000
- 5th-6th place: Gamers First and Native Gaming Red — $1,000
- 7th-8th place: Native Gaming and Acend — $500
- 9th-12th place: Fnatic, Complexity Gaming, TSS Esports and eUnited
- 13th-16th place: Spacestation Gaming, Shopify Rebellion, Natus Vincere and Forbidden Fruit