Bandai Namco has announced that Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown will be released on Nintendo Switch in July.
The game was originally launched on PS4, Xbox One, and PC in 2019, but this new port will mark the series' debut on the Nintendo Switch.
The Switch version will be named the Deluxe Edition and will include a selection of previously released add-ons, mainly consisting of Season Pass content from other versions.
According to Bandai Namco, the Deluxe Edition DLC includes:
- The base Ace Combat 7 game
- Three aircraft sets: ADF-11F Raven Set, ADF-01 FALKEN Set, ADFX-01 Morgan Set
- Three new missions: Unexpected Visitor, Anchorhead Raid, Ten Million Relief Plan
- Music Player mode
- Playable F-104C Avril aircraft
- Playable F-4E Phantom II aircraft
- Three aircraft skins from past games in the series
- Eight emblems from past games in the series
While the PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions of Ace Combat 7 featured more DLC, Bandai Namco states that the remaining add-ons will become available for the Switch version after release (although they will come at an additional cost).
Ace Combat 7 received positive reviews overall, with Metacritic scores of 80 and 79 for the PS4 and Xbox One versions, respectively.
Although this is the first Ace Combat game released on the Switch, it's not the first Ace Combat on a Nintendo system. A spin-off called Ace Combat Advance was released on GBA in 2005.